From assents to Hamilton, to cameos, to post-credits surprise scenes, here’s everything you need to know.
There’s a lot to love about this movie, from the songs to the cast to the ~ fun summer vibes ~. In fact, there are so many things that you may have gotten a bit distracted and missed a couple of the Easter eggs hidden in the movie.
Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! Here are all the details that I noticed while looking:
While Mr. Rosario is on hold with Stanford, he can listen to a snippet of “Volverás” Hamilton playing on the phone while waiting.
Lin-Manuel Miranda’s parents, Luz and Luis, make a small cameo in the film during “Breathe.”
You will probably recognize these two if you are a Hamilton fan, but Chris Jackson and Lin-Manuel Miranda were in the original Broadway cast of In the heights, also. They both made cameos in the film as Mr. Softee and Piragüero respectively.
If you listen closely to the scene where Abuela Claudia goes to the dry cleaner, you might hear the original Nina herself, Mandy González, singing a doo-wop song in the background.
During the dialogue between Usnavi, Vanessa and Sonny in “It Won’t Be Long Now”, Lin, Alex and Bill can also be heard on the radio in the background in the cellar.
Seth Stewart, who was the original Graffiti Pete on Broadway, made a small cameo as a bartender on “The Club.”
Javier Muñoz and Rickey Tripp, who were part of the original Broadway cast ensemble, also made a blink-or-miss cameo in “Finale.”
Finally, the movie has a post-credits song! If you stick to the end, you will hear “Piragua Reprise”.
TV and movies
Get all the best moments from pop culture and entertainment delivered to your inbox.
- Olympics 2021: 3 reasons why Sai Praneeth lost to Dutchman Mark Caljouw in his final group match July 28, 2021
- Here’s All The Free Stuff The Team USA Olympians Get, And It’s A LOT OF STUFF July 28, 2021
- The best sales to shop today: Nordstrom, Rocketbook, Leesa and more | CNN Underscored July 28, 2021
- An 18-Year-Old Was Shot Dead And A 19-Year-Old TikTok Star Was Injured At “Purge” Screening July 28, 2021
- CDC Director Confronted Over Why Vaccinated People ‘Have To Pay the Price’ for the Unvaccinated July 28, 2021