Olympians have a wide variety of rituals they perform before a competition, but one has gone viral for being a bit unconventional.
You see, most athletes stretch.
Some listen to music.
Others may say a prayer.
German judo athlete Martyna Trajdos’s pre-match ritual is a bit different.
At first, many people said “no, ma’am.”
But then Martyna took to Instagram to respond to people criticizing her ritual:
So basically it’s just to light up. And that’s it.
Stay up to date with the latest daily news with the BuzzFeed Daily newsletter!
- Why are coups making a comeback in Africa? September 12, 2021
- Most Republicans want Trump as the GOP’s leader but are divided about whether he’d help them retake the White House September 12, 2021
- 7 more marketing tricks phone brands should stop using right now September 12, 2021
- The Queen praises Emma Raducanu’s ‘outstanding’ US Open victory September 12, 2021
- Watch a NASA spacewalk to prepare for a space station power boost September 12, 2021