The beloved children’s entertainment program Arthur ends after 25 years on the air and gives away the internet with iconic memes.
The show’s executive producer, Carol Greenwald, said in a statement that the longest-running children’s animated series in history will be remembered for “teaching kindness, empathy and inclusion through many groundbreaking moments to generations of viewers.”
Although the final season will air in winter 2022, Greenwald said reruns of the show will continue on PBS KIDS.
The series has chronicled the life of Arthur the Aardvark since its debut in 1996, but has earned a reputation for featuring characters from different backgrounds to create a diverse animated world.
But for decades, the show also delivered some of the best memes that started exploding on social media in 2016. In fact, they went so viral that the official Twitter account of Arthur he addressed them in a tweet.
So when the news came that the show was ending, people, of course, got nostalgic.
From Arthur clenching his fist to DW standing behind a fence, these are just a few of the amazing memes that came from Arthur.
However, not everything can be lost forever. In your statement To IGN, Greenwald said producers GBH and PBS KIDS continue to work together on new content with the goal of “sharing the lessons of Arthur and his friends in new ways.”
- Why are coups making a comeback in Africa? September 12, 2021
- Most Republicans want Trump as the GOP’s leader but are divided about whether he’d help them retake the White House September 12, 2021
- 7 more marketing tricks phone brands should stop using right now September 12, 2021
- The Queen praises Emma Raducanu’s ‘outstanding’ US Open victory September 12, 2021
- Watch a NASA spacewalk to prepare for a space station power boost September 12, 2021