Former President Barack Obama Revealed his 2021 predictions for the NCAA Division I men’s and women’s basketball tournament starting Thursday.
“Like many of you, I am fascinated by it [March Madness] is finally back, “Obama wrote on Twitter Thursday with her predictions.
– Barack Obama (@BarackObama) March 18, 2021
For the men’s tournament, Obama selected Gonzaga University, University of Michigan, Baylor University and the University of Illinois to reach the final four.
He eventually chose Gonzaga University as the winner of the men’s competition.
For the women’s tournament she predicted Baylor University, Stanford University, the University of Maryland and North Carolina State University to reach the final four in which Baylor eventually took the title.
The NCAA canceled the contests last year as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“This decision is based on the evolving COVID-19 threat to public health, our ability to ensure that events do not contribute to the spread of the pandemic, and the impracticality of hosting such events in any time during this academic year given the ongoing decisions of other entities, ”The NCAA said in a statement.
Brett Gavitt, the NCAA senior vice president of basketball, announced teams only need five healthy players to play.
“We decided if they had five players who were worthy and healthy” the teams could play.
“We wrestled with contingencies, and thought it was most fair for a team that got in the way, that even if it was compromised, they should have a chance to play rather than be replaced,” Gavitt added.
- What Are The Factors To Consider While Going For Group Retreats? November 29, 2022
- How to Use Payday Loans to Your Advantage November 26, 2022
- Risk Management Process – How to Maintain an Effective Risk Management Program? November 24, 2022
- Everything You Should Know About Online Gas Booking November 24, 2022
- Why Holle Goat Bio Stage 1? November 24, 2022