U.S. President Joe Biden was doing well after stumbling on the steps as he boarded Air Force One on Friday, White House spokeswoman Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters.
He suggested strong winds at Joint Base Andrews near Washington could be a factor.
“It’s very windy outside,” Jean-Pierre said when asked about his prone position. “He’s doing a 100 percent fine.”
He did not say if Biden was examined by a traveling physician after the stage.
Joe Biden fell only 3 times in a row trying to climb the ladder in Air Force One pic.twitter.com/gTUTckUH32
– Caleb Hull (@CalebJHull) March 19, 2021
White House press staff say Biden is already on board well after his prostration and preparing for his trip to Atlanta. https://t.co/XBZM97K6TQ
– Kaitlan Collins (@kaitlancollins) March 19, 2021
Boarding a flight to Atlanta, where he will talk to the Asian-American community about a hunt there this week, Biden somewhat stumbled up nearly half of the 25 or more stairs, recovered, then stumbled again and briefly descended the one knee, according to video footage.
The president appeared to rub his left knee before getting up, then completed the ladder at a slower pace. He stopped at the top of the stairs, turned around and offered a crunchy.
In late November, Biden suffered a hairline fracture in his right foot while playing with one of his dogs.
At age 78, Biden was the oldest person to adopt the presidency when he entered the White House on Jan. 20.
(Reporting by Trevor Hunnicutt, Steve Holland and Heather Timmons; Editing by Howard Goller)
- What are the job prospects after business management in Canada? December 8, 2022
- The Benefits of Outsourcing E-Commerce Data Entry Services December 6, 2022
- Best Trading Platform for Trading in 2022 December 6, 2022
- Courtney Hadwin Net Worth & Biography (Age, Music, Performances etc…) December 6, 2022
- How to Get an Instant Payday Loan Online December 5, 2022