President Joe Biden has said that Russian President Vladimir Putin will face the consequences for directing efforts to oppose the 2020 U.S. presidential election to Donald Trump, and they are coming soon.
“He’s going to pay a price,” Biden told ABC News in an interview aired Wednesday. Asked what the consequences were to come, he said, “You’ll see shortly.”
His comments came after a U.S. intelligence report on Tuesday confirmed long -standing allegations that Putin was behind the Moscow election interference, an allegation Russia called baseless.
At the same time, Biden noted that “there are areas where it is in our interest to work together” such as the renewal of the Start nuclear deal, adding that the two leaders have a well-known history.
“I know him very well,” Biden said, adding that “the most important thing dealing with foreign leaders in my experience … is just knowing other people.”
As for Putin, Biden said he did not think the Russian leader had a soul. Asked if he thinks Putin is a murderer, he told ABC: “I do.”
(Reporting by Doina Chiacu and Susan Heavey; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- What are the job prospects after business management in Canada? December 8, 2022
- The Benefits of Outsourcing E-Commerce Data Entry Services December 6, 2022
- Best Trading Platform for Trading in 2022 December 6, 2022
- Courtney Hadwin Net Worth & Biography (Age, Music, Performances etc…) December 6, 2022
- How to Get an Instant Payday Loan Online December 5, 2022