Dick Hoyt and his son, Rick, became legends of the Boston Marathon after their first race in 1980, during which the father pushed Rick into a custom racing chair, according to the Boston Athletic Association.
The two completed a total of 32 Boston Marathons together, including a final in 2014, the association added.
“He was not only one of the fan favorites that inspired thousands, but also a loyal father and friend who felt proud to spend quality time with his son Rick while going from Hopkinton to Boston,” he added.
Following the news of his passing, tributes came from athletes, sports teams, journalists, government leaders and other officials.
Thanks to the duo’s participation in events not only in Ironman but also in other competitions, more special teams are participating and held at sporting events worldwide than ever before, the triathlon team said.
“While our hearts are broken by this loss, his hits alongside Rick are the ones that will remain at the center of IRONMAN,” they said.
“We’ll miss you, Dick.”
- How to Use Payday Loans to Your Advantage November 26, 2022
- Risk Management Process – How to Maintain an Effective Risk Management Program? November 24, 2022
- Everything You Should Know About Online Gas Booking November 24, 2022
- Why Holle Goat Bio Stage 1? November 24, 2022
- What is Resource Management in Construction? November 24, 2022