Brentford are scheduled to play Chelsea at Brentford Community Stadium on Saturday England Premier League.
Brentford entered this game after a 2-1 win over West Ham United by David Moyes in the last match. Goals from French winger Bryan Mbeum and DR Congolese international Yoana Wissa secured victory for Thomas Frank at Brentford. Forward Jarrod Bowen scored a consolation goal for West Ham United.
Chelsea, on the other hand, beat Southampton in the league with ten players. Goals by center forward Trevoh Chalobah, the German striker Timo Werner and left back I’m Chilwell concluded a contract for Chelsea Thomas Tuchel. Star midfielder James Ward-Prowse, who scored a consolation goal for Southampton, was ruled out in the second half.
Brentford-Chelsea, mutual and key numbers
- In three meetings between the two teams, Chelsea won in two games.
- The second game ended in a draw. Brentford has yet to win.
- Chelsea have won three of their last five league games and are at the top of the table. So far, they have conceded just three league goals.
- Brentford’s star so far has been striker Ivan Toney. The 25-year-old scored two goals and provided two assists in the league.
- After a great start to the season, Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku has not scored in the last five games for the club. The Belgian has scored four goals for Chelsea this season.
Brentford – Chelsea
Brentford have been one of the better teams in the Premier League this season. Not much was expected of them after advancing to the top, but Thomas Frank’s men didn’t look out of place. Most of their performances so far have been the result of striker Ivan Toney, who has been key to Brentford’s successful results.
The bees are currently 7th in the league table. While he is expected to fall off the table as the season progresses, the threat of relegation is not as pronounced as it was at the start of the season.
Chelsea, on the other hand, are among the title contenders this time around. They signed Romelu Lukaku for 103.5 million pounds this summer, and the Belgian clearly raised the side of Thomas Tuchel. Chelsea are currently at the top of the Premier League.
They’ve had muted performances lately, and this, combined with Lukaku’s drought in five games, has raised questions. However, they should be in and around for Premier League title talks as the season progresses.
Prediction: Brentford 1-3 Chelsea
Brentford – Chelsea Tips
Tip 1- Result: Chelsea
Tip 2- Goals over / under 2: over 2 goals
Tip 3- Romelu Lukaku to score at any time: YES
Tip 4- Brave prediction: Chelsea will win with 2 goals