Connect with us

Politics

Dog Wakes Family at Midnight After Sensing Deadly Carbon Monoxide Leak

Published

on

[ad_1]

When a family pet starts to behave strangely, it can be stressful. Are they sick? Did they get into something they shouldn’t have? Are they trying to tell you something?

The latter turned out to be true for a Siberian husky/coonhound mix named Roxy from Ankeny, Iowa.

Owner Brad Harbert said WOWK-TV that Roxy was usually “gentle,” but in Dis. 13 he was furious in the middle of the night.

“I can tell something happened to Roxy,” Harbert recalled. “He just jumped on my bed, jumped on the bed again.”

Trending:

Lovely Video: Dogs, Puppies Scrambling for Christmas Gifts

When Harbert actually woke up, he realized something was wrong.

“When I started going, I heard an alarm, and it wasn’t a smoke alarm,” he said. “So I jumped on the bed. Right when I did, Roxy came out of the hallway, and she scratched Jaxon’s door to see if he was okay, and closed the door.

“But I held that [carbon monoxide] detector and found, sure, on the front, it says that if it chirps four times… there’s activated carbon monoxide in the house. ”

Harbert quickly woke his son, Jaxon, and his father, and the four immediately came out. Harbert called 911, and the fire department near there.

After MidAmerican Energy inspected the home, they found the home’s gas and electric fireplace leaking, causing a dangerous carbon monoxide levels.

With that confirmation, Harbert knew the family was indebted to their puppy and to his keen senses.

“I could tell something was wrong that night that she woke me up and just her actions, she was pretty shaking and just really concerned that we were gonna get outside,” he said. “Very, very happy to have a dog and very, very happy to have him.”

Related:

Rookie TSA Officer Moves After Hearing Mother’s Cry, Rescues Choking Baby

The proud owner also posted about the incident on his Facebook page, using the opportunity to recommend everyone to buy a carbon monoxide detector if they don’t already have one and acknowledge his tuta as a heroes.

“Look for Jax, and me and Roxy on the news on WHO TV tomorrow 10,” Harbert shared on Facebook on December 18. “Roxy saved our lives last night with our carbon monoxide detector. Get a PSA if you don’t have one. May you save your life because we have a leaking fireplace. “

In a comment, Harbert added that journalists are “fighting” over who can cover the touching story.

“We are proud of our Roxy and the Ankeny Fire Dept.,” Harbert commented. “Thank you!”

This article originally appeared on The Western Journal.

We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.

[ad_2]

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.