Speaking about his surgery, Page said, “I want people to know that not only has it changed my life for me, but I think it saves lives and it’s the case for so many people.”
When Winfrey asked him what had caused him the “greatest joy” since the transition, the actor got excited and said the little things provided him with the greatest happiness.
“It’s, you know, coming out of the shower and the towel is left around your waist, and you look in the mirror and you’re like,‘ There I am, ’” he said.
“And I don’t have the moment when I’m panicking … It’s possible to touch my chest and feel comfortable in my body probably for the first time.”
“This is incredibly new,” he added. “I feel like I haven’t been myself since I was 10.”
In March he became the first transgender man to appear on the cover of Time magazine.
His interview with Winfrey, which aired in full on Friday, comes in the middle of a record year of anti-transgender legislation in the United States, according to defense groups.
“The reality of health care is that it is supported by medical institutions and it saves lives,” Page said, discussing some of the bills.
“The children will die,” he added. “And it’s really that simple.”
- 5 Things That Benefit Your Well-Being September 30, 2022
- Benefits of Starting a Company in DMCC September 30, 2022
- Short Term Rental Revenue Alternatives September 30, 2022
- Why is WordPress a Great Platform for Building a Website for Your Small Business? September 30, 2022
- Business Cards Étiquettes September 29, 2022