Along with Facebook’s new tools, AI will decide when to send what the company calls “conflict alerts” to those who maintain groups. Alerts will be sent to administrators if AI determines that a conversation in their group is “controversial or“ unhealthy, ”the company said.
A Facebook spokesman said the company’s AI will use various conversation signals to determine when to send a conflict alert, including response times to comments and the volume of comments in a post. He said some administrators already have keyword alerts set up that can also detect topics that can generate arguments.
If an administrator receives a conflict alert, they can take actions that Facebook said are aimed at slowing down conversations, probably in hopes of calming users. These moves may include temporarily limiting how often some group members can post comments and determining how quickly comments can be posted on individual posts.
Screenshots of a simulated argument used by Facebook to show how a missing conversation might work in a group called “Other Peoples Puppies,” where one user responds to another’s post by writing, “Shut up you’re so stupid.” Stop talking about stupid organic food !!! “
“IDIOTS!” another user responds to the example. “If this nonsense keeps happening, I’ll leave the group!”
The conversation appears on a screen with the words “Moderation Alerts” at the top, below which several black words appear inside the gray bubbles. To the right, the word “Conflict” appears in blue, in a blue bubble.
Another set of screenshots illustrates how an administrator might respond to a heated conversation — not about politics, vaccinations, or cultural wars, but the merits of dressing up on ranches and mayonnaise — limiting a member to posting, for example. example, five comments in group posts for the next day.
- Charlie Swan Is The Best Part Of “Twilight” And I Will Die On This Hill July 28, 2021
- Florida ER nurse hospitalized with COVID-19 is now open to getting vaccine July 28, 2021
- This is what we know about who will not be vaccinated and why July 28, 2021
- SMP vs LKK Dream11 Prediction: Fantasy Cricket Tips, Today’s Playing 11 and Pitch Report for TNPL 2021, Match 13 July 28, 2021
- Here’s how Android apps on Google Play will share their security policies July 28, 2021