However, Feinstein, 85, said he has no plans to step down before the end of his term in early 2025.
Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, the California senator addressed Newsom’s comments, “Please, we’re very good friends. I don’t think he meant the way some people think.”
He went on to suggest that reporters were “making a mountain out of a molehill.”
Feinstein added that he “absolutely” believes he can deliver the remaining term.
“I think that’s pretty obvious,” he said.
In an appearance on MSNBC on Monday, Newsom was asked, “If, in fact, Dianne Feinstein were to retire, would you replace an African woman?”
“I can think of many names. We have many imaginable names – and the answer is yes,” he replied.
In case you missed it:
– Alex Thompson (@AlexThomp) March 16, 2021
Some progressive groups have suggested Feinstein must resign. However, he had previously signaled that he did not intend to go down.
During an appearance on ABC’s “The View,” Newsom also clarified that he did not believe Feinstein would resign.
“I didn’t expect him to set aside,” he said.
Newsom continued, “On the contrary. I talk to him often. He is energetic and committed as committed to the cause of fighting not only for our state as… senior senator in California, but this country, in his senior status, as a people. who is in the Senate, with too much respect in the whole aisle as long or longer than the majority. “
- Internet Challenges To Expect When WFH June 26, 2022
- How To Tell If You Need To Repair Or Replace Your Furnace? June 26, 2022
- How to Style Your Throw Pillows Like A Pro June 25, 2022
- What is EXIF Data, and Why It Is Important? June 25, 2022
- Benefits of an Automotive Management System June 25, 2022