Connect with us


“Get out, get out,” people on the Houston plane were told when it crashed, the passenger says



But the plane, which carried Houston Astros fans to their team’s game against the Red Sox in Boston, never gained altitude on takeoff and crashed into a fence before bursting into flames.

“Going down the runway, and suddenly the brakes hit,” the passenger, who did not want to be named, told KHOU.

“Things were flying and when it finally stopped, they just said‘ Get out, get out ’because we thought it would explode,” the man said. “It was already on fire before I left!”

Miraculously, there were no major injuries among the crew and passengers. Emergency slides were deployed and passengers were able to slide into safety.

Passengers “were stunned, they were very, very stunned,” Tim Gibson, director of the Waller-Harris emergency services district, told reporters Tuesday.

“Whenever you have a plane that doesn’t land on a runway as it should be, we always expect the worst, but we expect the best, and today we have absolutely positively the best result we can expect,” Gibson said.

James Kent, the owner of the MD-87, was on board the flight, according to Kent aviation adviser and spokesman David Norton.

Kent is shaken and not giving interviews for now, Norton said.

Two minor injuries

Two people were taken to a hospital with minor injuries, local officials said.

The cause of the accident has not been determined. Investigators from the National Transportation Security Board arrived at the site Wednesday morning in the NTSB press room he tweeted, and a board member will hold an information session in the afternoon.

Norton said his team is collaborating with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the NTSB.

“The information we have at the moment indicates that the plane did not reach height at the end of the runway and crossed Morton Road, reaching a break in the field just north of the airport, where it caught fire,” he said. Waller County. Judge Trey Duhon was reported via Facebook.

The plane traveled about 500 feet over the refugee before the crash, Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman Sergeant. Said Stephen Woodard.

The MD-87 “rolled over a fence and caught fire in a field” shortly after 10 a.m. while trying to leave, the FAA said in a statement.

One passenger had respiratory problems, according to Woodard. Another back pain reported, Duhon said.

CNN’s Jennifer Henderson, Ray Sanchez, Gregory Wallace and Raja Razek contributed to this report.