Alphabet shares rose 3% in trading outside of Tuesday hours after the earnings report.
Google’s ongoing efforts to diversify its business beyond online advertising also seem to be bearing fruit.
Sundar Pichai, CEO of Alphabet and Google, hailed the company’s investments in artificial intelligence and its rapid cloud business growth, which reduced its quarterly losses from $ 1.4 billion to $ 591 million compared to same period last year. Google Cloud revenue rose 54% to $ 4.6 billion.
“In the second quarter, there was an increase in online activity in many parts of the world and we are proud that our services have helped so many consumers and businesses,” Pichai said in a statement. “Our long-term investments in AI and Google Cloud help us significantly improve everyone’s digital experience.”
While promoting the growth and recovery of Google gangsters, Pichai began a conference call to discuss the results with a reminder that the pandemic is not over yet.
“First of all, I want to acknowledge that the new variants of Covid-19 have been a challenge for so many communities around the world,” he said. “I really encourage everyone to get the vaccine when it’s available.”
- Why are coups making a comeback in Africa? September 12, 2021
- Most Republicans want Trump as the GOP’s leader but are divided about whether he’d help them retake the White House September 12, 2021
- 7 more marketing tricks phone brands should stop using right now September 12, 2021
- The Queen praises Emma Raducanu’s ‘outstanding’ US Open victory September 12, 2021
- Watch a NASA spacewalk to prepare for a space station power boost September 12, 2021