Google just Chrome 90 released on beta channel. On the surface, there aren’t too many UI changes or new features for the average user, but internally, Google is working on a number of improvements that will definitely be noticed when the latest beta stabilizes. There is improved copy-and-paste functionality, improved AR models, and support for new codecs that use less bandwidth during video conferencing.
Improved copy and paste
Do you know how to drag and drop images from the file manager to your website, such as when attaching an image or PDF to an email? Chrome is working hard to bring the same functionality to the clipboard. If you hit copy (or Ctrl+c) on a file in File Manager, you can’t usually paste (or Ctrl+v) on a website to move that file to Chrome’s website. This is because the website doesn’t have access to the path you copied by default. However, Chrome wants to change this and is working to allow the web app to read and access certain paths in the clipboard (of course only after sending the paste command). This way, you can add files to your website without resorting to drag-and-drop or annoying file selection dialogs. Similar features are I already live in Safari, Of course, Gmail doesn’t specifically support its implementation.
Because the function is still hidden behind the flag (chrome: // flags / # clipboard-filenames), it can take quite a while for the first few web apps to implement it.
A prettier and more accurate AR model
The sphere reacts dynamically to the lighting. You can try it out in Chrome Beta 90. here.
After that Failed VR advance, Google is doubling AR, and Chrome developers are working to make augmented reality look better on the web. They are testing an API that will achieve something similar to the following: ARCore’s environment HDR, Provides realistic shadows and lighting effects for AR models rendered in web apps. Additionally, Google is further bridging the gap between local apps and the web by developing the Depth API to allow applications to access depth information about their environment. Taken together, these new features can create the following models: Rendered in google search It feels much more realistic.
Better Gravity Reading for Web Apps
In a similar vein, Google is working on making it easier for developers to access gravity sensor data. Web developers currently have to manually derive readings from the accelerator sensor to guess gravity, but depending on the accuracy of the sensor it may not be accurate. The new GravitySensor API allows developers to pull that data directly. This can make some motion-based web games or apps more accurate. This feature is hidden behind the flags in Chrome 90, so let’s say it takes some time to stabilize, not to mention until it’s widely used.
Reduced bandwidth requirements for video conferencing
In the era of Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams, Google is working hard to make video conferencing off-the-shelf on your internet connection and hardware. Chrome 90 for desktop supports AV1 encoder, which is optimized for video conferencing using WebRTC. When the service starts to use the codec, compression efficiency improves, which reduces bandwidth usage and improves visual quality. AV1 works even when connected at low speeds of 30 kbps.
The Chrome team is also working on a few less important features.
- Google Device Properties Web API Allows web apps to request device information such as serial number and location. This allows you to create a more secure environment for businesses working with remote computers. This feature is currently hidden behind flags.
- Did you know that these annoying content jumps on your website when the image loads and the text moves? The Chromium team has already done a lot to get rid of these behaviors, and the latest actions are automatically To the size of the included image , Even before it is loaded. Google has implemented similar measures for a long time on other, more widely used methods of adding images to websites, so you’re probably already benefiting from the company’s actions.
- The Launch of Diablo 2 Resurrected Provides Some Valuable Lessons June 24, 2022
- 5 Online Casino Bonuses for Portuguese Players In 2022 June 24, 2022
- 6 Foods To Eat To Reduce Your Risk For Heart Disease June 24, 2022
- Everything about the concept of Proguard in the world of android applications June 24, 2022
- How to Analyze User Behavior on your Website? June 24, 2022