Druve Butani / Android Authority
As useful as smart home technology is when you are alone. Many people share the following Alexa devices: echo speaker With a partner, family or roommate. The official solution to this is to use multiple profiles in Amazon Households. So, how do you set up an Alexa-enabled home account and what are the benefits?
The Amazon family allows multiple people to share Amazon content and permissions. When using an Alexa device, this may include payment methods for calls, messages, photos, notifications, prime media, and shopping. Create an individual Amazon account and then connect it with the Amazon Households web tool to set up a family profile. More details below.
go to question
How do I set up my Alexa Household account?
The first step is to create an Amazon account for up to two adults if they don’t already have one. A home can contain up to 4 teen and/or 4 child accounts, but that profile has limited permissions and is dependent on adults. No shopping at all. Unfortunately, if you have more than one adult, you will need to use the account independently or join a separate family.
The next step is a visit by one of the adults. amazon home Website. After logging in, you will immediately see a button to add adults, teens or children. Adults can send each other email invitations or sign up together. Teens can only accept login setup invitations, children have no control over the process.
After the family is created, you will be prompted to review the content sharing settings of the connected family library. Select or deselect the options you want. After that, all Alexa devices linked to the adult account will automatically have expanded options.
What can Alexa do with Amazon Households?
If you have a home, Alexa can either:
- When shopping on Amazon, use the payment method associated with each adult account.
- Show shared Amazon Photos content on any Echo device with a display that: echo show.
- Play audio notifications for all connected Amazon accounts. Specifically, this may include notifications for Alexa devices linked to other family members’ Amazon accounts.
- Send and receive calls and SMS messages for all connected Amazon accounts as long as your Alexa device is compatible with the content being delivered. NS eco dot For example, video cannot be displayed.
- View and listen to media from Prime accounts for adults, such as audiobooks and Prime Video. Teenagers and children can restrict content by a variety of means, such as the family’s family library or PIN-based. parental control For Prime Video.
Amazon used to allow adults in the home to share calendars, but that’s no longer the case.
- A guide to Caribbean medical tuition for international students October 6, 2022
- Android 12’s theming system can crash games while you’re playing October 6, 2022
- Samsung is reportedly increasing its foldable display production by nearly 50% October 6, 2022
- We asked, you told us: These two things would make you leave Android October 6, 2022
- Daily Authority: Google’s Pixel phone+apps bundle 🤔 October 6, 2022