The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley did not comment on reports that he was worried about the former President Donald Trump will attempt a coup after his election loss.
At a press conference on Wednesday, Milley said, “I’m not going to comment on any of the books. But I want you to know, and I want everyone to know, I want America to know, that the United States Military is an apolitical institution. . We were. We are now. And our oath is to the Constitution, not to any individual. “
“The military is not and will not and should not engage in politics at home. We do not hold elections. That is the job of the judiciary and the legislature, and of the American people. It is not the job of the U.S. Military. We stay out of politics,” he said. he added.
Watch the video below:
A copy of the new book “I Alone Can Fix It: Donald J. Trump’s Catastrophic Final Year” by Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker, reporters for The Washington Post, said Milley was worried about attempting a coup after his loss of elections.
“It was a Reichstag moment,” Milley told the aides, adding, “The gospel of the Führer.”
Milley also told his aides of a potential coup attempt, “They can try, but they won’t succeed.”
“We will have a peaceful transfer of power. We will arrive on this plane safely. This is America. It is strong. The institutions are bent, but it will not be destroyed,” he added.
magkatakata reacted in the passage by bashing Milley and insisting that “one of the last people I wanted to do this was General Mark Milley.”
In a separate statement, he claimed that Milley should be “martial martial and judged.”
We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.
- Lizzo Joked That She’s Having A Baby With Chris Evans, And My Only Problem Is That It’s Not True July 28, 2021
- Murder warrant issued in 2005 disappearance of Ashley Parlier July 28, 2021
- Samsung’s Galaxy A52 is its first phone to receive the August 2021 security patch July 28, 2021
- This $ 30 gadget makes controlling your garage door a quick shot – here’s why you need it underrated CNN July 28, 2021
- Rep. Banks Says Cheney and Kinzinger ‘Want Democrats to Remain in Control’ July 28, 2021