The Capitol Physician, Dr. Brian Monahan, announced in a memo on Tuesday the House would reinstate the mask mandate amid the spread of the Delta variant.
“For all Home Office Buildings, the Hall of the House, and the House Committee Meetings, proper wearing, medical level, filtration face mask is required when an individual is in a internal space and other individuals are present, ”Monahan wrote.
According to the new guidelines, lawmakers are not allowed to enter the House room without a mask. Those who enter without a mask will be fined.
McCarthy took to Twitter to respond to the new guidance, saying, “Make no mistake – The threat of returning the masks is not a science -based decision, but a decision put together by liberal government officials who want to continue that live in a forever pandemic state. ”
Make no mistake – The threat of returning the masks is not a science -based decision, but a decision implied by liberal government officials who want to continue to live in an eternal state of pandemic.
– Kevin McCarthy (@GOPLeader) July 28, 2021
Meanwhile, Pelosi once again slammed critics of the mask mandate.
“That’s the view of the physician at the Capitol … nothing to say unless we respect it,” the Chamber spokesman said.
When asked specifically about McCarthy’s reaction, Pelosi replied, “He’s in a brutal situation.”
Is McCarthy a “moron?”
Yes: 0% (0 Votes)
No: 0% (0 Votes)
PELOSI in backlash to mask mandates: “That’s the view of the physician at the Capitol … nothing to say unless we respect it.
Q: @GOPLeader McCarthy says it’s against science.
PELOSI: “He’s very moron.”
– Frank Thorp V (@frankthorp) July 28, 2021
The House minority leader and Pelosi had their fair share of back and forth amid an investigation into the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.
A reporter asked Pelosi for his reaction to McCarthy who said he did not watch the elite committee hearing Jan. 6 on Tuesday. He replied, “Any time you mention his name, you don’t get an answer from me. Don’t waste my time.”
McCarthy accused Pelosi of damaging the Jan. 6 committee’s credibility by rejecting two of his selections, as Reported by IJR.
We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.
- Why are coups making a comeback in Africa? September 12, 2021
- Most Republicans want Trump as the GOP’s leader but are divided about whether he’d help them retake the White House September 12, 2021
- 7 more marketing tricks phone brands should stop using right now September 12, 2021
- The Queen praises Emma Raducanu’s ‘outstanding’ US Open victory September 12, 2021
- Watch a NASA spacewalk to prepare for a space station power boost September 12, 2021