JACKSON COUNTY, MISS. (WLOX) – A Vancleave man has been arrested, accused of stealing and later selling a lump sum on Facebook.
Sheriff Mike Ezel said two lumps were taken within two weeks from construction sites in St. Louis. Martin. The first one was recovered the day after investigators determined it was sold on Facebook.
A second trailer was found in Livingston, Louisiana on Monday. It also sold online and recovered within hours of the reported missing. Afterwards it was returned to the legitimate owner.
Tuesday, D’Iberville Police Department investigators helped arrest Nieko Bing, 31. He is charged with two counts of grand larceny and is being held without bond in the Jackson County Adult Detention Center, pending an initial court hearing.
More evidence is found in this case. If you have information that could help investigators, call the sheriff at (228) 769-3063 or Crime Stoppers at (877) 787-5898.
Tips for buying on Facebook Marketplace
Sheriff Ebell wants to remind everyone of some important safety tips, whether you get or buy something on Facebook.
- You must have a written sale certificate and/or a picture of the buyer/status seller ID card issued.
- Get a description of the buyer/seller’s vehicle, including the tag number.
- Assemble in a safe, public place, preferably during the day.
- Make sure you know someone who you are meeting and the time and place of meeting.
Copyright 2021 WLOX. All rights reserved.
- Kimono December 1, 2022
- The Story of Loranocarter+Magee November 30, 2022
- DEGIRO Minimum Deposit and Deposit Methods November 30, 2022
- 8 Types Of Women’s Shoes That You Can Pair With Your Winter Fashion Outfits November 29, 2022
- What Are The Factors To Consider While Going For Group Retreats? November 29, 2022