The fatal crash occurred shortly before 3 p.m. Monday in Wilton Manors, a town north of Fort Lauderdale in South Florida.
The driver then accelerated and fled the area, the sheriff’s office said. The vehicle believed to be involved was subsequently located and had damage compatible with the accident.
Two children, Andrea Fleming, 6, and Kylie Jones, 5, were pronounced dead at the scene, the sheriff’s office said. Four children were hospitalized: Draya Fleming, 9; Johnathan Carter, 10; Laziyah Stokes, 9; and Audre Fleming, 2.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue Battalion Chief Stephen Gollan told a news conference Monday that some of the injuries were critical. He described the accident as a “horrible event”.
Broward County Sheriff’s Office officers, Wilton Manors police officers and Fort Lauderdale firefighters responded to the scene. Gollan said there were people giving help at the scene before the emergency crews arrived.
The video also shows a pedestrian crossing inside the area marked by police tape.
CNN’s Eric Levenson contributed to this report.
- Learn These 3 Easy Massage Techniques for Your Dogs August 8, 2022
- Stellar Photo Recovery – Complete Guide about it August 8, 2022
- Face Serums: What Are They & Why Do I Need One? August 5, 2022
- The Cheapest Ways To Ship Packages in 2022 August 5, 2022
- What Are the Stages of a Product Life Cycle? August 5, 2022