A San Antonio man was arrested near the official residence of Vice President Kamala Harris in Washington on Wednesday and charged with weapon -related offenses, the U.S. Secret Service said.
The Secret Service, which is responsible for the security of the president and vice president, said the suspect, Paul Murray, 31, was detained by uniformed officers on the street near a government complex that houses the vice president’s residence. and the U.S. Naval Observatory.
The Washington Metropolitan Police Department said its officers arrested and charged Murray.
The department said the arrest was sparked by an “intelligence bulletin that came from Texas.” The department did not disclose the content of the bulletin.
A reporter affiliated with Fox News’ Washington tweeted in the Texas law enforcement bulletin that Murray had experienced “paranoid delusions” that the military or government wanted him killed, and he sent his mother a text message saying he’s in Washington and going to “take care of his problem.”
DC police said Murray was charged with carrying a dangerous weapon, carrying a rifle or shotgun outside a business, possession of unregistered ammunition and possession of a large ammunition feeding device.
Police said a rifle and ammunition were recovered from Murray’s vehicle.
(Reporting by Mark Hosenball; Editing by Leslie Adler and Peter Cooney)
- What are the job prospects after business management in Canada? December 8, 2022
- The Benefits of Outsourcing E-Commerce Data Entry Services December 6, 2022
- Best Trading Platform for Trading in 2022 December 6, 2022
- Courtney Hadwin Net Worth & Biography (Age, Music, Performances etc…) December 6, 2022
- How to Get an Instant Payday Loan Online December 5, 2022