“Loki, as a character, has had such a broad and broad identity.”
Tom Hiddleston plays the main character in the new Marvel Studios series, Loki, which centers on one of the long-standing villains of the comic book universe.
Although Tom is reprising a role he previously played in the Avengers movies, the Loki spin-off is taking steps to develop his 21st century personality in a more authentic way.
After Marvel confirmed his latest series he will acknowledge that Loki is gender fluidTom said he was “pleased” that the identity of the on-screen character now aligned with that of the original.
“Loki, as a character, has had such a broad and far-reaching identity,” the actor explained during a recent interview with Reuters, describing the character as one “that you could never put in a box, you could never pin down.” “
“I was very pleased that we were able to touch that on the show,” Tom continued, referring to Loki’s gender fluidity.
Marvel confirmed the detail about Lokiprotagonist in a trailer released ahead of the series’ debut on Disney + last week. This was old news for many Marvel fans, who have been aware of Loki’s gender identity through the comic book franchise for quite some time.
Given that Marvel comics have recognized Loki’s gender fluidity for years, the television reference to his identity is definitely long overdue. LokiThe second episode is available to stream on Disney + today. Who is watching it?
TV and movies
Get all the best moments from pop culture and entertainment delivered to your inbox.
- The best sales to shop today: Nordstrom, Rocketbook, Leesa and more | CNN Underscored July 28, 2021
- An 18-Year-Old Was Shot Dead And A 19-Year-Old TikTok Star Was Injured At “Purge” Screening July 28, 2021
- Valorant’s creative director opens up about bringing lore with a “meaningful tap” July 28, 2021
- These are the new UNESCO World Heritage Sites July 28, 2021
- Dr. Mario World is at death’s door a little over two years after its release July 28, 2021