Once the cars are delivered to Waymo in the United States, they will be set up with a stand-alone driving technology called Waymo Driver.
The companies did not say exactly when the vehicles would hit the streets. A blog post on Waymo’s website said the cars will be introduced to its Waymo One fleet “in the coming years.”
Waymo says its self-driving vans have made tens of thousands of trips since the company launched a public robotaxi service in Chandler, Arizona, more than One year ago.
Their stories indicated that there is a demand for robotaxis. But there they are also important obstacles to autonomous cars becoming a mainstay of American life soon.
Google first established its autonomous car project in 2009. It was later renamed Waymo and became a separate subsidiary of Alphabet.
The project began with great ambition and promise. Google co-founder Sergey Brin said in 2012 that “you can count on one hand the number of years until normal people can experience this.”
Reality has come out differently. After years of promise, Waymo has yet to offer full-fledged trips widespread to the general public.
Waymo also works with Stellantis and Jaguar.
– Matt McFarland of CNN Business contributed to this report.
- Top 3 Ways to Make Money on the Internet August 15, 2022
- The Best CBD Bath Bombs for Relaxing August 15, 2022
- How Much Personal Loan Can I Get In Canada? August 15, 2022
- In D2R discover which areas and monsters are the most effective at generating HIGH RUNES August 13, 2022
- The Best Burger in Brisbane: What You Should Look For August 13, 2022