U.S. President Joe Biden’s prime-time statement on the fight against COVID-19 drew more television viewers to the broadcast on Thursday than former President Donald Trump’s first speech in the country, according to preliminary ratings data.
Nearly 18.2 million people watched Biden’s speech on U.S. broadcast networks ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, Hollywood’s Deadline publications and reported by The Wrap on Friday. The speech was delivered just hours after Biden signed a $ 1.9 trillion stimulus bill into law, and came into his 50th day in office.
Trump’s first televised address in the country took place in August 2017 – seven months after he took office – when he spoke about the war in Afghanistan. That event attracted 17.7 million viewers on four broadcast networks.
Updated numbers that include cable TV viewing are expected to be released later on Friday.
(Reporting by Lisa Richwine; Editing by Leslie Adler)
- Django Unchained: How the Popular Python Framework Saves Time and Generates Revenue July 6, 2022
- My FIFA Ultimate Team Champions team is determined by 85+ x20 Packs at aoeah.com July 5, 2022
- What exactly are CCNP IPv6 Summary Routes? July 5, 2022
- Find Out Why Your Business Should Open a Multi-Currency Account July 4, 2022
- The Complete Lists of Virginia’s Cideries July 4, 2022