Zeng Yixin, deputy director of the National Health Commission, told a news conference in Beijing that he was “surprised” to see the laboratory leaked as a research target in the second phase of the investigation.
“In some respects, the WHO plan for the next phase of research into the origin of coronavirus does not respect common sense and is against science. It is impossible for us to accept that plan,” he said.
Zeng also appeared to respond to claims by the U.S. State Department that several workers at the Wuhan Institute of Virology fell ill shortly before the first documented cases of Covid-19, saying that “no WIV worker or researcher was infected with coronavirus “.
U.S. President Joe Biden has ordered U.S. intelligence agencies to reconsider how the Covid-19 pandemic began, noting that Western observers have not yet been granted the access to key labs to determine “if it was a messy experiment.”
Little new evidence has emerged to support the theory that the virus was the result of an accidental leak from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, where it was believed that coronavirus research was conducted on bats and many scientists. familiar with the research say this leak is unlikely.
“We call on China to be transparent and open and to cooperate,” he said at a news conference. “We owe it to the millions who suffered and the millions who died to find out what happened.”
“China’s position on the issue of the path of global origin is consistent and clear. (The study of origins) is a scientific issue. All parties should respect the views of scientists and scientific conclusions, rather than politicize the issue, ”he said.
- She Grew Up In Poverty, He Grew Up Upper Class, And They’re Pointing Out How It Affects Their Relationship July 28, 2021
- Jails change visitor policies amid fourth COVID-19 surge July 28, 2021
- Google’s vision of Android development is finally realized with Jetpack Compose 1.0 July 28, 2021
- The Biden administration is issuing new sanctions in Syria July 28, 2021
- Lizzo Hilariously Put An End To The Rumors That She Stage-Dived And ‘Killed Someone’ July 28, 2021