- Google has detailed how to mark app privacy and security in the new Safe section of the Play Store.
- You’ll see a summary of how the app protects your data, including encryption.
- Developers must declare this information starting April 2022.
Google is unlocking the secret Future Safety section of the Play Store. technology company detailed It includes how Android apps on Google Play should share their privacy and security policies, and a clearer time frame for these changes to take effect and by which they should take effect.
You can find the privacy and security practices governing your data by visiting the Google Play listings section of the app. You’ll know if your app encrypts data, what information your software collects, and whether your security has been independently tested to worldwide standards. By tapping the summary, you can get details such as the type of data collected and how it is used. Google wants to give developers an opportunity to explain why they are requesting information.
Google added that Play Store developers could start sharing personal and security information on the safety section starting in October (previously the usual Q4 window). As promised, the section will start to appear in Q1 2022. But after that, app makers won’t have much room to breathe. Now they have to report that information from April 2022 as well as the second quarter of the year.
The goal remains the same. Google Play Safe Zones help you make informed choices and stick with apps that respect privacy and security concerns. It can also put pressure on Android developers who are lagging behind. If your app doesn’t encrypt your data or share it too freely, that wouldn’t be a good thing. like google coming soon Limit ad tracking, this can set a default trust level that doesn’t always exist for Android apps.
- Why are coups making a comeback in Africa? September 12, 2021
- Most Republicans want Trump as the GOP’s leader but are divided about whether he’d help them retake the White House September 12, 2021
- 7 more marketing tricks phone brands should stop using right now September 12, 2021
- The Queen praises Emma Raducanu’s ‘outstanding’ US Open victory September 12, 2021
- Watch a NASA spacewalk to prepare for a space station power boost September 12, 2021