Fashion designing is a specialised art form that involves conceptualization, ideation, designing and creation of customised apparels as well as lifestyle accessories. It is a glamorous profession but involves lots of hard work for it entails fashion designer being involved in the entire process of production, right from its inception to its final output, where he is even concerned with marketing, finance as well as retailing. He must have the pulse of the market, knowledge about the ensuing market & fashion trends along with customer preferences so as to be able to predict the kind of design concepts that will do well and lead to a successful designer collection, thus helping generate revenue.
Skills required to pursue Fashion Design Course:
- Strong networking and communication skills so as to be able to communicate your innovative concepts
- Artistic skills along with sketching capability in order to come up with interesting concepts
- Detailing skills to ensure perfect awe-inspiring designs
- Observation skills in order to be able get inspired from any and everywhere
- Passion to stay updated about fashion trends, techniques, tools and material
- Thinking on the toes with problem solving approach
Tips to select the ideal Fashion Designing College:
Best Fashion designing School must fulfil the following criteria:
- Campuses at multiple locations: While identifying the right college, you must make sure that it has campuses at multiple locations across the country and they must offer varied courses in various areas so as to augment student’s competencies, thus enhancing their employability & success.
- Accreditation & Recognition: College must offer a certification that is recognised not only domestically but also at an international level. Additionally, prestigious industry bodies must endorse the high-quality education offered by that college.
- Scholarships: The college must offer not one or two but scholarships to hundreds of meritorious students.
- Platform to students: College must offer its students a stage to showcase their talent and their vision to prospective employers. This will not only give them confidence but also help them hone their skills along with receiving guidance from industry experts.
- State of the art studio: The College must be equipped with a state-of-the-art studio equipped with latest equipment, tools, software, techniques etc. so that they can enhance their skills and learn professionalism and job ready on course completion.
- Interaction with Industry stalwarts will help students in getting a perspective about the industry.
- Awards & Rewards: The College should have won multiple awards for excellence in nurturing talent.
- FICCI, (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) a non-governmental trade association and advocacy group based in India, must have recognised the college for “Excellence in creative arts” in 2021
- World Leadership Congress (WLC) in association with ET Now in 2021 recognised the college as the “Best Design Institute in India“
- Adobe Education Leaders Summit recognized the college for Innovation in Creative Education in 2021
- QS I.Gauge E-Lead certified the college as the only Indian Design institute to offer online learning excellence for academic digitization with a perfect score of 150/150.
- The college must have been accorded Educational Partnership of World Design Organization (WDO)
- ASSOCHAM India has awarded the college for five consecutive years as “Best Design Institute in India (2016-21)”
Visit our Fashion design schools now and embark on a journey of success and glamour.