Featuring a lobby filled with lush gardens, tropical flowers and stunning waterfalls, the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas is a bona fide exotic escape in the desert.
Part Beach Resort, Part Casino
Mandalay Bay Resort sits on a large property which comes complete with an 11 acre beach with wave pool, three huge swimming pools and a wave pool. With over 2,700 tons of genuine sand, you’re almost in the Caribbean. While this may sound perfect for families, there is a separate area called Moorea Beach Club which caters to the adult crowd. Providing chaise lounges, daybeds, private pavilions and dipping pools, the real indulgence begins with poolside spa treatments. The beach area also features a stage suspended overhead and performers such as Pat Benetar, Joss Stone and Chicago are showcased.
Mere steps from the beach is the Beachside Casino which also has an open Bar and Grill, and the second floor contains the casino overlooking the beach. The third floor of this structure houses 5 ultra-exclusive villas each with their own private pool.
Set among water elements, tropical foliage and exotic art, the main casino at Mandalay Bay is over 135,000 square feet, and while it features typical casino games it is far from the typical environment.
Family Adventure & Musical Fun
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino is also home to an attraction called Shark Reef, which is the only predator based aquarium and exhibit on the continent. With a variety of sharks, crocodiles and piranha, there are over 2,000 animals contained in glass enclosures. For the truly adventurous, this exhibit also offers a “Dive with Sharks Program,” whereby guests dive into a mock shipwreck exhibit with live predators swimming nearby.
World Class Spa Facilities
If relaxation is more your goal, the Spa Mandalay is truly remarkable. With 30,000 square feet of luxury, each treatment has been designed to use only the best techniques, products and professionals to give you a unique spa treatment. The fitness center is also housed in the spa, with state of the art equipment.
Vibrant Nightlife Comes Alive
Nights come alive at Mandalay Bay. With the Rumjungle bar which features dueling conga drums and also has the world’s largest rum bar, and the very popular House of Blues, there are additional bars, discos and lounges to choose from to pass the night hours.
Truly a remarkable resort, Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino is unique in every way, and is perfect for both families and adults.
Now let us have a look at the top five gambling destinations in the World. Bradley Booth is one of the most successful high stakes poker players in North America, if not the world. “Yukon” Brad Booth is also the official Head of Poker Development and spokesman for GR88 (pronounced Great Eight), an online gaming site like casino-online-canada.ca. As a professional poker player, Brad Booth has traveled to top gaming travel destinations across the world; he has learned how easy it is to incorporate poker into a high-end vacation anywhere with legal gambling. He recently answered some questions about luxury travel and gambling vacations, and described his picks for the top 5 gambling destinations.
What are the top five gambling vacation destinations
- Atlantic City, New Jersey. Close to New York City, Atlantic City is considered the Las Vegas of the east coast. Some of the largest casinos in the world are here, and millions of gamblers come each year.
- Connecticut/Southern New England. The glitz of gambling nightlife is toned down in rural Connecticut, but Foxwoods has one of the largest poker rooms in the world and Mohegan Sun has top-notch entertainment and luxury shopping as well as the casino. Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods are right between Boston and NYC, and are very popular with college-age gamblers.
- Cruise ships. Do a little research; many cruise ships feature the best gambling action you’ll find. You can travel by sea in the Caribbean, Indian, and Mediterranean Oceans, along the coasts of the Pacific, and play at electronic poker tables onboard at night.
- Dublin, Ireland. the “Irish Open” is in Dublin, and it’s one of the biggest, most respected European poker tournaments. There is a rich tradition of poker playing in Dublin, with locals passing the love for gaming from generation to generation.
- Las Vegas, Nevada. This one’s a no-brainer, and it’s my number one favorite gambling vacation destination. Las Vegas has the biggest cash games, but almost any level can play poker here. Poker experts prefer the rooms at the Bellagio and the Venetian and a young, hip crowd is usually found at Imperial Palace and MGM Grand. The luxury vacation experiences are everywhere, and there’s a nightclub on every corner with bottle service to cater to those looking to make their stays in Vegas lavish affairs.
More in depth about Casino
What are some ways in which a travel destination like Atlantic City or Las Vegas, famous for gambling venues, can also be great for a luxury vacation
Enjoying the casual fun of these cities is something I have never been able to do personally; I am always focused on the game when I am there. It is just my natural inclination. I have spent months in the Bellagio without leaving the building, just playing poker. My friends can enjoy the nightlife, food, pool scene, and shows as these are the luxury activities that give places like Atlantic City or Las Vegas their reputations for excitement. “What goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas” was not coined because of the gambling. It was because of all of the high and low end trouble you can get yourself into in a city where almost anything goes.
The pub culture in Dublin, and in Ireland, is the best in the world. It is a legendary part of the Dubliner’s lifestyle. The people in Dublin seem to love life and live in the moment, and I love this vitality. Historically, Dublin is an amazing city that is unique and exciting.
The cruise that would find fantastic to explore with that special someone would start off in Venice, and work its way around Croatia, Turkey, Greek Islands, and back up. Historically that is the center of culture, and the cross roads between Asia and Europe. Any cruise line that has new super vessels just built would be fantastic. Nothing like a floating city to give you all of the amenities at night, and the opportunity to sample the destinations at port. Holland America, Princess – these are a couple of the top cruise lines with very interesting itineraries and luxury ships.