So, you’ve decided to become a nurse. Perhaps, your calling in life is to help people, or maybe, you want to have a noble and respectable profession. Regardless of why you’ve decided to pursue this career, you must know that becoming a nurse isn’t an easy process. Before you can start caring for patients, you need to earn a college degree, go through many years of training, and get a license. However, the first step is actually quite simple: applying to nursing school. In this article, we’ll give you all the information you need in order to write an excellent admission essay that will hopefully get you a place in a program of your choice.
What is a Nursing Admission Essay?
The name speaks for itself. A nursing admission essay is a paper you write and submit along with your application to a nursing school or program. Most colleges in the USA require it, while others don’t. The purpose of this essay is to convince the admissions committee that you deserve to be accepted.
Is a Nursing Admission Essay Different from a Regular One?
Not really. A nursing admission essay is just another type of admission essay. This paper is also known as an application essay, letter of intent, or personal statement in the UK. Not all colleges and universities require students to submit it, but those that do place a great emphasis on it.
An admission essay is less important than your grades and test scores, but it can still make or break your application. For example, if you weren’t very successful in high school but you manage to impress the committee with your paper, you might get admitted. Moreover, top colleges and universities get tens of thousands of applications each year, so the competition to get there is incredibly high, and an admission essay can help you stand out. However, your paper can also ruin your chances of enrollment if the committee hates it.
How to Format Your Nursing Admission Essay
Every college has different application requirements, so make sure you review them before you start working on your paper. If the guidelines say you need to write 500 to 750 words, that’s it, you can’t write less or more than that.
Your admission paper also needs to have an introduction, a main body, and a conclusion. We recommend creating an outline and sticking to it for the best results. As for the formatting, you’ll probably be asked to use an application form provided by the college or to enter the essay into a designated space in an online form. Always use a standard font that is easy to read.
If you’re completely new to academic writing and have no idea how to format an essay, you can get professional assistance from a company that connects you with custom paper writers, like an essay writing service for nursing as CustomWritings.
What to Include
Now that we’ve established the requirements for this assignment, let’s talk about what you’re going to write. Here are some ideas you should consider incorporating:
- Explain why you want to become a nurse. You’re applying for a nursing program, so naturally, the admissions committee would like to know why you’ve decided to choose this career path.
- Talk about why you’ve settled on a specific college/course. Do some research about the institution, its history, the nursing program, and its notable alumni. You can connect this information to your personal story, showing why you were meant to study at this particular college.
- Name a few of your personal accomplishments. Include any significant achievement that would be relevant to your application, like winning a physics competition or saving someone’s life. A great addition to your resume would be an additional education. There are places online where you can attend different medical certificate programs which will definitely add value to your CV.
- List your traits and values that would make you a good nurse. Here are some qualities for you to consider: empathy, communication skills, attention to detail, etc.
- Talk about your experience in helping people (if you have any). This can be anything from helping a family member when they were sick to completing a high school nursing program.
- Describe your vision for the future. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Or 20? What do you hope to accomplish in your career and life in general?
Out of ideas? Remember, you can always refer to custom writing companies and get online help from professional writers. These services help students create all sorts of original essays and papers of the highest quality.
Mistakes to Avoid
There are a few things you need to remember when writing your nursing application essay.
- Don’t write just one paper and submit it to different colleges. You need to write a customized essay from scratch for each program you’re applying to.
- Don’t include too many details. Choose a few points from the previous section and zero in on them. For example, you can discuss your experience in one paragraph, and focus on your traits in another one.
- Be careful with what information you share so as not to depict yourself in a bad light.
- Sometimes, it’s good to let your imagination run wild, but this is not that case. You have a limited amount of words to demonstrate why you should be accepted, so make it count. Stick to your outline and don’t wax poetic about something irrelevant.
- Don’t even try to buy anything from a website that sells cheap pre-written essays. If you really struggle with writing, use a service like the ones we’ve mentioned above and get personalized assistance from a writer with a great command of English. You’re free to customize your order however you want, the job of your expert is to meet your requirements. Check customer reviews to find a website that works best for you.
Let’s recap what we’ve learned about nursing admission essays.
- Some colleges require applicants to submit essays where they demonstrate why they should be accepted.
- An admission essay can make or break your application.
- How you format it depends on the requirements of the college you’re applying to.
- You should include some personal details in your essay to convince the admissions committee that you deserve to study at the college of your choice, but be careful about what information you’re putting out.
- Always write different essays for each program or college you apply to.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for professional advice when you need it.
Got it? Now you can get down to writing your own. We hope you find this article useful and that it helps you get into the nursing school of your choice.
- Learn These 3 Easy Massage Techniques for Your Dogs August 8, 2022
- Stellar Photo Recovery – Complete Guide about it August 8, 2022
- Face Serums: What Are They & Why Do I Need One? August 5, 2022
- The Cheapest Ways To Ship Packages in 2022 August 5, 2022
- What Are the Stages of a Product Life Cycle? August 5, 2022